Early Learning Philosophy
Our Learning Philosophy
At the Early Learning Academy, we believe that a child’s play is his work and that children learn best when having fun! Learning is guided by experienced teachers using incidental teaching in defined activity centers, providing hands-on opportunities for art, science and sensory play, books, puzzles, math and literacy materials. We foster a language-enriched environment that encourages social interaction, creativity, motor development, and exploratory learning.
Our program is designed to foster educational and emotional development for children ranging from toddlers (18 months) through pre-kindergarten (48-60 months). The Early Learning Academy provides a superior learning environment for all children and welcomes children with learning differences/delays (such as autism). We provide supports for every child through low student to teacher ratios, enhanced classroom staff training and needed therapeutic interventions within the classroom setting. Research has demonstrated that all children benefit from an inclusive environment where differences are valued and celebrated.
- Safety always comes first. Student to teacher ratios fall well below state standards.
- Teachers are selected for being happy and energetic, as well as meeting experience and educational requirements.
- Family-friendly – parent input is always invited and appreciated.
- Inclusive –most children enrolled are developing at or above the level that is typical of other children their age, and diversity of children and teachers is valued. Children with autism or developmental delay are also included with individualized early intervention plans that encourage them to learn from their typical peers.
- Enriched Learning Curriculum – emphasizes enhancement of language and social skills, which are the major areas of growth for all young children. Additional areas of instruction, appropriate to each child’s age, include independence (e.g., in eating, dressing, toileting, etc.); and kindergarten readiness (e.g., colors, math, science, etc.) are blended into everyday preschool activities.
- To provide an exceptional educational and developmental environment for children
- To promote social, emotional, physical and intellectual development in every child
- To offer support and early childhood parent education to families
- To serve as an internship site for Early Childhood, Education and Behavioral Science Programs at GA Southern and Savannah State Universities.
Click here to apply to the Matthew Reardon Early Learning Academy.