Special Education Teacher
Currently accepting resumes for:
Job Description – Special Education Teacher
Reports to: Advance Academy School Director
Main Function: Directly supervise and administer classroom instruction for each student assigned to his/her classroom in The Matthew Reardon Center for Autism’s Advance Academy.
- Confers with parents, administrators, testing specialists, therapists, and others to develop IEPs for students.
- Prepares lessons and other instructional materials according to the achievement levels of students and the goals established by the IEPs. Lessons may focus on academic, social, daily-living, and vocational skills, along with other skills as appropriate.
- Instructs students in academic subjects, utilizing Applied Behavior Analysis techniques, including discrete-trial teaching, activity schedules, and reinforcement systems.
- Directly supervises classroom instruction for each student and other staff as assigned.
- Coordinates all material with teaching team members.
- Communicates with Center leadership (as needed) regarding the progress of students and continued development of curriculum.
- Maintains daily observation notes, program data, and graphs of learning progression.
- Maintains daily written communication with parents and participates in quarterly parent/teacher conferences, as needed.
- Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on progress for IEPs of students.
- Develops and maintains classroom
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Exhibition of good communication and interpersonal skills
- Contribution to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of the organization.
- Adherence to all organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interpret guidelines and requirements
- Ability to multitask and work within established deadlines
- Punctuality and reliability
Experience, Education and Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or Special Education, or a related field preferred.
- Georgia Teaching Certification preferred. Compliance with MRCA accreditation and GSNS standards must be met. If certified in another state, steps should be taken to obtain certification in Georgia.
- Experience/training in educating children with Autism and/or other developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) preferred
Please send resumes to Jack O’Connor, School Director, email@example.com.